Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Letter to Minister Lekstrom

This morning, I dispatched a letter to Blair Lekstrom (Minister of Community Development - Local Government Ministry) requesting that he consider amending the Local Government Act to prohibit candidates from running in either an Electoral Area (Regional District) or Municipality unless they reside in the said Electoral Area/Municipality. I will advise you of Minister Lekstrom's response when I receive it.

I can tell you that I heard, through the "grapevine", rural residents' didn't appreciate the fact that candidates, who resided in the City of Williams Lake, were running in Electoral Area 'F'. Perhaps making the above amendment will ensure that there is a direct link between the elected representative and the electors.

No comments: