The Cariboo Regional District (CRD) and the municipalities of 100 Mile, Williams Lake, Quesnel and Wells have hired Recovery Managers to support the region through the final community recovery phase of this summer’s emergency response.
Individually and collaboratively, the Recovery Managers will work to collect and coordinate information on recovery resources, connect residents to those resources and learn more about the economic and social impacts facing the region and its residents going forward.
- The CRD has hired Stephanie Masun on contract to the end of March 2018. Stephanie Masun began Friday, Oct. 27. Recovery information will be posted on the CRD website at cariboord.ca and on the CRD’s Facebook page facebook.com/CaribooRegion.
- The City of Quesnel announced the establishment of their Wildfire Economic Recovery Team last week.
- The District of 100 Mile House has hired MJ Cousins as the Recovery Manager for 100 Mile House and surrounding areas in the South Cariboo. She started on Monday, Oct. 30.
- The City of Williams Lake has engaged a contractor, Trevor Kier, to assess the City’s needs with respect to recovery efforts. Plans to hire a longer-term Recovery Manager are still underway for the City, pending the initial assessment.
- The District of Wells is happy to announce that Wylie Bystedt has taken on the Recovery Manager role, effective Oct. 1, 2017 to the end of March 2018.
Residents needing assistance are urged to call or email the Recovery Manager in their area for information on available resources, supports and services.
Contact information for each Recovery Manager is listed below:
|Cariboo Regional District|
|City of Quesnel|
|City of Williams Lake|
250-392-2311 or 604-219-9646
|District of 100 Mile House|
|District of Wells|