Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Mining News in BC & An Apology

Good Tuesday Morning:

In Local Mining News...

The Williams Lake Tribune has a story about the Union of BC Indian Chiefs joining the TNG in their fight against the Prosperity Mine proposal - story is here

In Provincial Mining News...

The Vancouver Sun has an editorial calling on the Federal Liberals & NDP to support Mining in BC from the Federal Government Perspective - story is here

As for the apology:

Yesterday, I blogged on the trip to China by City of WL Councillors L. Walters and G. Bourdon and the decision to leave tomorrow (Remembrance Day)

After that post, I received this comment highly critical of my critique of Councillors Walters and Bourdon on their trip to China:

I'm a veteran and I also know both of these Councilors. I have no doubt they will pay their respects in the proper manner on Nov. 11th and although it is unfortunate they have to travel on this day not everything happens exactly the way we want it.
Please don't use me, and my fellow veterans, as a means to continue your personal and juvenile attacks on Councilor Walters who does a fine job as a whole.


For any veteran that was offended by my post, I wish to offer my whole and sincere apology to you at this time. It is true that Councillor Walters and I do not see eye-to-eye on a lot of things but I intend to be critical of any WL Council member to whom I disagree with but in a way that is respectful, as much as possible

No comments: