Saturday, July 16, 2016

2016 Tyee Lake AGM/BBQ

Earlier today - I had the honour to attend my 1st Tyee Lake AGM/BBQ as the Area D Director of the Cariboo Regional District which was held at the future site of the Tyee Lake Community/Fire Hall on Guide Road (up 10 kms on Lyne Creek Road from Highway 97)

Roughly 45 people were in attendance (by my count), although I was the only elected official in attendance as both Cariboo-North MLA Coralee Oakes/Cariboo-Prince George MP Todd Doherty were in attendance at the 2016 Billy Barker Days event in Quesnel at the same time the AGM/BBQ was occurring.

The Tyee Lake Community Association had earlier this year met with Cariboo-North MLA Coralee Oakes to have a discussion about Tyee Lake issues

At the AGM - the Executive of the Tyee Lake Community Association reported out on their past year activities, followed up with a Question/Answer period.

I then reported on activities that the Cariboo Regional District was working on including:

* New Driveway Sign Program - left the community with 50 press releases outlining the new program
* Efforts to remove portion of Electoral Area D, for all land north of Wildwood, from the Regional District's Building Inspection Service
* Nanqay Dene Accord/NStQ Stage 4 Vote and next Steps

I then fielded questions from the community.  Community members expressed thanks for the job I have been doing thus far on their behalf as the Electoral Area D Director.

Later on, I fielded one on one questions from individual community members which I plan to take back and discuss with CRD Staff as to next steps...

Overall - the Tyee Lake community, from those I talked with, were generally happy that I was able to attend and I'm looking forward to the 2017 Tyee Lake Community Association AGM/BBQ

~SF

No comments: