The only local government to meet next week will be the Board of Education for School District #27 (Cariboo-Chilcotin) on Tuesday, Sept 27th at 6:30pm in the SD27 Boardroom (350 2nd Avenue, Williams Lake). On the Agenda:
* Unexpended Aboriginal Education Amount
* Superintendent of Schools/Secretary-Treasurer Reports
* Provincial Anti-Bullying Policies
* StrongStart and Kindergym Funding
* SD27 Strategic Plan
* Trustee Code of Conduct Signing Ceremony
* Audited Financial Statements for the 2015-16 Financial Year
* Five Year Capital Plan
* Annual Facilities Grant Bylaw
* School Enhancement Program Funds
* Policy Review Plan
* Alcohol Protocols Policy
* Trustee Electoral Boundaries
View the full Agenda here
For Community Events this weekend/next week:
* Quesnel - 2016 Recycle Fest from 11am - 2pm at Baker Creek Park. Bring your old, broken, and unwanted small appliances and power tools for recycling and enjoy a FREE burger from Savalas Steak House. Baker Creek Enhancement Society will also be joining us with more games, nature education and environmental awareness.
* Williams Lake -- COPA for Kids on Saturday, Sept 24th from 10am - 2pm at the Williams Lake Regional Airport. Hotdogs, drinks and fruit will be available. Pre-registration is recommended. A parent or legal guardian must sign the paper work on site giving permission for the flight.
To register call Linde at 250-392-2262 or Marie at 250-392-5360 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org. The annual Kidney Walk for the Williams Lake and area takes place in Boitanio Park on Sunday, Sept. 25. Registration for the walk begins at 9 a.m. and the walk takes place between 10 and 11 a.m. To register ahead of time go to email@example.com.
The lakecity band Static with Jeanette McDonald, J.J. Bidulka, Randy Randle, Garry Grosso, Grant McDonald and Charli-Anne Erho will hold their second CD release party, Saturday, Sept. 24 at the Ramada Convention Centre from 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. Sunday morning. Their special guests will be the band Run Home Jack. Tickets for this adult only release party are $10 at the door.
* McLeese Lake - Last Sunday Farmers Market for the 2016 Season on Sept 25th from 9am - 1pm at the local Tourist Information Centre site