Monday, October 5, 2026

Williams Lake All Candidates Forum - Oct 5, 2026


Earlier this evening (October 5, 2026) in the Gibraltar Room at the Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex -- those running for Williams Lake Mayor or City Councillor attended the Meet and Greet put on the Williams Lake and District Chamber of Commerce in a full Gibraltar Room....


Those in attendance:

Mayoral candidates — Surinderpal Rathor, Walt Cobb (2/2)

Councillor candidates — Sheila Boehm, Scott Nelson, Nathan Wiebe, Greg Jeanotte, Micheal Moses, Jason Ryll, Rafiullah Sahibzada, Charlene Hays, Billie Sheridan, Paul French, Ruth Lloyd (via recorded video), Kayla Zurak (via recorded video) (12/14)

Others: Steve Forseth, Cariboo RD Area "D" Director (recently re-elected by acclamation); Mary Forbes, Cariboo RD Area "E" Director candidate/School District #27 Zone 5 Trustee candidate

After 2 mins introductory speeches of Williams Lake Mayoral and City Councillor candidates -- the candidates sat at individual tables to have one-on-one discussions with Williams Lake voters

I was pleasantly surprised by how often Williams Lake Mayoral candidate Surinderpal Rathor was interrupted by applause during his 2 mins introductory speech (3 or 4 times as I recall) and also was the recipient of an endorsement from Williams Lake First Nation for his re-election bid

A big thank you to the Williams Lake and District Chamber of Commerce Board/staff for putting on this event -- these all candidates forums (whether in Williams Lake, 100 Mile House or Quesnel) help voters in determining their local governments (Wells, Quesnel, Williams Lake, 100 Mile House, SD27, SD28, Cariboo RD Area Directors) for a new 4 year term...

As a side note -- I was surprised to run into one of my McLeese Lake residents' who had a local concern they wanted to address -- I have given them my business card and they will be emailing me the details so I can follow-up with Cariboo RD Staff in the next number of days....

~Steve



No comments: