With the Boards of Education for School District #27/28 (Cariboo-Chilcotin/Quesnel), the Districts of Wells/100 Mlle House not meeting this coming week and the Cariboo Regional District still on summer recess, Williams Lake City Council will be the only local government to meet next Tuesday, August 16th at 6pm - 450 Mart Street
On the Agenda:
* Tax Exemption Application - Cariboo Community Church
* Ratify Poll of Council - 28 Broadway Avenue North Encroachment Agreement (Thomas and Ulrike Wittal)
* Mountain Biking Community Partnership Agreement - Central Cariboo/City of WL Joint Committee Recommendation
* Street Naming Application - "Buchanan"
* 3 Proclamations - "International Day of Older Persons"; "World Cerebral Palsy Day" and "World Mental Health Day"
View the full Agenda here
Community Events this weekend/next week:
McLeese Lake - 4th Annual Metis Jamboree from Friday, August 12th to Sunday, August 14th at the McLeese Lake Community Hall site (6178 Forglen Road). More details here. Also, the weekly Sunday McLeese Lake Farmers' Market - between the Oasis Pub/Cafe along Highway 97 North. August 14th from 9am - 1pm
Alexis Creek - Redstone Rodeo on Saturday/Sunday August 13th/14th. More details here
Williams Lake - Performances in the Park on Thursday, August 18th from 6-8pm in Boitanio Park. More details here
100 Mile House - Martial Arts Performance at Martin Exeter Hall on Thursday, August 18th at 7pm. More details here