Friday, March 23, 2018

Why I'm staying with Facebook

Yesterday - City of Victoria Mayor Lisa Helps announced that she would be leaving the social media site Facebook calling it a "toxic chamber".  Read her blog post here and a story from the Vancouver Sun here

As an elected official in the Central Interior (Cariboo Regional District - Electoral Area 'D' Director)  - Facebook is one of many tools I use to communicate with my constituents.  Other tools that I use include email, phone texts, Facebook Messenger, phone calls, personal website and meeting with people directly.  I think use of all the tools at one's disposal is necessary to ensure that you remain an effective elected official

While I acknowledge that some do use Facebook inappropriately sometimes, I personally feel use of Facebook is still an appropriate tool to communicate out but it is knowing how to best use the tools at your disposal as an elected official to be effective to the people you serve and addressing the concerns/issues they bring forward

~SF




No comments: