Thursday, August 30, 2012

3 Other BC Liberal MLA's to retire...

Over on News1130.com - they report that later today Education Minister George Abbott (1pm), Children/Families Minister Mary McNeil and Parliamentary Secretary to the Premier John Les will all announce their intention to not seek re-election in next year's provincial general election

BC Premier Christy Clark warned, in her press conference yesterday, that this was coming as she needed to know which members of her Cabinet would seek re-election and which ones would retire

I haven't had the opportunity to meet John Les or Mary McNeil but have had the opportunity to meet George Abbott, when a candidate for the BC Liberals' Leadership Race, and found him to be one of the most honourable people in politics and I'm sure I speak for many when I say that he'll be missed in provincial politics and I wish the very best to MLA's Les and McNeil as well

Read more here

No comments: