Present - Mayor Cobb; Councillors Nelson, Ryll, Smith, and Walters
D. Garceau - City Manager
R. Schill - Corp. Services Records Mgmt Coordinator
M. Stewart - Director of Finance
C. Hutton - Planner
C. Walters - Planning Clerk
Meeting called to order at 6pm
It was recognized by Mayor Cobb that the meeting was being held on the traditional territory of the Shuswap Nation
Meeting Mins of Jan 27th WL Council approved/Meeting Agenda with 2 Late Items approved
Delegations - None
1) Council received for information the cheque runs for the periods of Jan 29th and Feb 5th
2) Council approved the draft Memorandum of Understanding and Terms of Agreement for the Central Cariboo Economic Development Corporation as presented. Council was also requested to bring forward names of suitable candidates to serve on the Corporation's Board of Directors
3) Council authorized an application to the 2015 NDIT Business Façade Improvement Grant Program
4) Council approved the reassignment of the encroachment of the "Bear Statue" on the sidewalk in front of 121 First Avenue North, subject to the owner entering into a new encroachment agreement with the City
5) Council gave 1st/2nd Reading to Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 2228 for a text amendment to permit a secondary suite at 222 Woodland Drive & a Public Hearing be scheduled for March 10th at 7pm in WL Council Chambers
6) Council approved the use of City equipment for the purpose of hauling dirt into the arena for the 2015 Williams Lake Indoor Rodeo, and the use of a loader to remove the earth post-event, in conjunction with Municipal Services volunteer labour.
7) Council gave 1st, 2nd and 3rd Reading to City of Williams Lake Smoke Free Bylaw No. 2227
8) Council received a letter from the Canadian Union of Postal Workers requesting support to save Canada Post
9) Council received a letter from Don and Joyce Lawrence requesting that it consider amending the Acreage Reserve (A-1) Zone to include secondary suites as a permitted use and referred the letter to the Public Works Committee for further review
10) Council proclaimed the week of March 8-15, 2015 as "Cowboy Heritage Week" in the City of Williams Lake
11) Late Item #1 - Council gave early approval for the following capital items for the 2015 budget:
• $1,250,000 in road rehabilitations;
• $120,000 for the installation of the Av-Gas Tank at the Williams Lake Regional Airport.
12) Late Item #2 - Council approved a 0% increase in salaries for both Council stipends and management salaries for the 2015 budget year, and a 0% increase in Council stipends for the 2016 budget year; and finally that the City of Williams Lake use the MIABC Casual Legal Services as the first point of contact for City legal issues.
13) Council received the "Council Information Package" as follows:
• January 16, 2015 - 50th Anniversary of National Flag of Canada;
• January 23, 2015 - CRD Board Highlights;
• January 29, 2015 - Seniors' Advisory Council Letter to Minister Lake re Cariboo Memorial Hospital Renovations.
Meeting adjourned at 6:31pm