Monday, October 19, 2015

42nd Canadian General Election today!

Today is the 42nd Canadian General Election where roughly 24 million Canadians (as of the 2011 Election) will cast a ballot for 338 Members of Parliament or MP.

I myself will be voting for my candidate for MP in the Federal Electoral District of Cariboo-Prince George as soon as polls open in Williams Lake at the Seniors' Activity Centre on 4th Avenue at 7am this morning with polls closing at 7pm.  Unsure about your exact polling station throughout the Cariboo -- go to http://www.elections.ca/home.aspx to find out your exact voting place

Results, unlike the last election, from Eastern Canada should be available online from Elections Canada (click here) at 4pm Pacific Time with local results available (I'm guessing) from 7:30-8pm onward

Wherever your personal political choice for MP in Cariboo-Prince George, all I would ask is that you make the effort to vote... your democracy depends on it...

~SF

No comments: