Present: Mayor Cobb; Councillors Bonnell, Ryll, Smith, Zacharias and Nelson via teleconference
Meeting called to order at 6pm
Meeting Agenda adopted/June 7th WL City Council meeting minutes adopted
1) Dana Rook (Miss West Fraser) /Cheyenne Shouts (WL Stampede Queen for 2016/17) appeared before Council to introduce themselves
A Question/Answer period ensued
Mayor Cobb, on behalf of Council, thanked the delegation for their time/information
2) Sue Hemphill - Executive Director of Scout Island Nature Centre appeared before Council to discuss the Causeway Road to the Scout Island site.
A Question/Answer period ensued
Mayor Cobb, on behalf of Council, thanked Ms. Hemphill for her time/information
Resolved - That the letter dated June 23rd from the Williams Lake Field Naturalists be referred to the July 12th Committee of the Whole meeting and that no further work take place on the causeway to Scout Island until Council further considers the matter
1) Council received for information the accounts payable computer cheque listings dated June 9 and 16, 2016
2) After receiving no public input -- Council received/approved the 2015 Annual Report in accordance with Section 98 of the Community Charter.
3) Council approved the 2015 Statement of Financial Information (SOFI) as presented and the Mayor was authorized to sign the Statement of Financial Information Approval on behalf of Council for submission to the Province by June 30, 2016.
4) Council received a report from Councillor Bonnell re: Council direction of staff to seek advice from the Union of BC Municipalities on the procedure for reallocating funds from the General Revenue fund to the Sanitary Sewer fund and report back to Council.
5) Council agreed to liaise with the North Central Local Government Management Association (NCLGMA) in reviewing, assessing and providing comments to the British Columbia's Review of Site Remediation Legal Regime
6) Council received Development Permit application #DP 01-2016 (Tom Wittal - Front Façade Redevelopment - 28 Broadway Avenue North) and directed it be considered formally at the July 19th Council meeting
Councillor S. Zacharias declared a conflict of interest on the next item, as she is married to the applicant's owner and left Council Chambers at 6:40pm
7) Council received Development Permit application #DP 02-2016 (United Concrete & Gravel Ltd. - Reconstruction of Industrial Use - 245 Hodgson Road) and directed it be considered formally at a future Council meeting, after receiving approval of the Ministry of Environment's Director of Waste Management as well as submission of final drawings
Councillor S. Zacharias returned to the meeting at 6:41pm
8) Council awarded the River Valley Trunk Sewer Upgrades contract to Peterson Contracting Ltd. for a total tendered amount of $3,271,430.56, excluding GST.
9) Council received a report of Councillor Bonnell re: Council direction to staff to seek advice from the Union of BC Municipalities clarifying what authority an individual member of Council or the Mayor has under the Local Government Act or Community Charter to direct staff on daily operational matters, and report back to Council.
10) Council awarded the lease for operation of the food concession in the arena lobby of the Cariboo Memorial Recreation Complex to Karen's Place Holdings for a three (3) year term, effective July 1, 2016, with an option to renew for a further two (2) years.
11) Council ratified an email poll to authorize acceptance of the donation of the totem pole from the Chilcotin Elders, approve costs of installation in the amount of approximately $7,500 and the preferred location in Boitanio Park, and directing Staff to undertake the work and have the totem erected at the preferred location
12) Council adopted Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 2245 - Tate Teti / Konge - Adding 'Carriage House' as Permitted Use & Increasing Height of Accessory Building - 301 Fourth Avenue North
13) Council received the 'Council Information Package' as of June 28th as follows:
• June 2, 2016 - Letter from MOE re Atlantic Power's Williams Lake Power Plant Renewal Project;
• June 9 & 10, 2016 - CRD Board Highlights;
• June 23, 2016 - Canada Day in Boitanio Park 2016 Event Poster;
• June 24, 2016 - City of New Westminster re UBCM Resolution on Tenant Evictions through Renovations.
Members of Council gave oral reports on their recent activities
Council adjourned at 7:05pm