Present: Mayor W. Cobb; Councillors I. Bonnell, S. Nelson (via phone), C. Smith, and L. Walters
Meeting called to order at 6pm
Meeting Agenda and Mins of the May 23rd 2017 meeting of WL City Council, both adopted
Certificates of Merit were presented by Mayor Cobb to Tyleen Scaiano and Rudy Wassanaar
1) Council received for information the accounts payable computer cheque listings dated May 25 and 31, 2017
2) Council approved the 2016 Statement of Financial Information (SOFI) report as presented for submission to the Province and that the appropriate signatories be authorized to sign the 2016 SOFI report on behalf of Council.
3) After receiving input from 1 member of the public and 2 letters in opposition -- Council rejected Development Variance Permit No. 02-2017 for Exton & Dodge Land Surveying Inc. on behalf of Allan and Elsie Kinkead - 96 Fairview Drive
4) Council received a report of the CAO along with an attached letter of the Society of the Museum of the Cariboo-Chilcotin in respect to the forthcoming move of the Musuem of the Cariboo-Chilcotin and adopted the following Resolution:
WHEREAS the City of Williams Lake has sold the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin property to accommodate a new supportive housing development at the former Cariboo Park Lodge site;
AND WHEREAS the City of Williams Lake has undertaken the task of temporarily relocating Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin artifacts at the Tourism Discovery Centre and storage containers;
AND WHEREAS the City of Williams Lake acknowledges the importance of the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin services and desires to have a permanent home for the Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin:
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the City of Williams Lake is committed to establishing a permanent home for Museum of the Cariboo Chilcotin;
AND BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that if by June of 2022 the matter remains unsettled, it be brought forward to a Public Meeting of City Council at that time for further consideration.
5) Council endorsed a recommendation from the May 30th Committee of the Whole Session as follows:
a) Council authorize the City's membership with the Canadian Municipal Network on Crime Prevention for an annual membership fee of $500.
6) Council received a letter from the Cops for Cancer Tour de North Team and directed that City provide donation items for their August 26, 2017 Cops for Cancer Gala fundraising auction and raffles
Council Members provided oral reports on their recent activities
The CAO provided an oral report
Media Question Period:
a) Goat - none
b) Tribune - upcoming paving work on Highway 97 South
Council agreed to adjourn at 6:45pm