Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mayor Cook writes to defeated WL Council Candidates

On December 1st - WL Mayor Kerry Cook wrote to defeated candidates who ran for WL Council in last November's civic election of which you can read a copy of that letter here

I applaud her for this initiative as it shows that all candidates - whether elected/defeated - have something to offer to our local democracy and in that vein, society itself is the ultimate winner.  When I first ran for WL  Council in 2005, I received a letter from then-Cariboo-South MLA Charlie Wyse thanking me for running for public office.

In the future though - I'd like to see both the Cariboo Regional District and School Board Chairs write similiar letters to defeated candidates thanking them for their contributions to the local election races

SBF

PS: Because of the message that Mayor Cook conveyed to defeated candidates, like myself - I'm in the process of drafting a letter to her making suggestions about what improvements that her Council could make in order that Williams Lake can be one of the greatest communities in British Columbia.

When the letter is complete - I'll share a copy of it here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Link doesn't work.

Steve Forseth said...

Thanks for your comment...

It does for me... you may have to try the link a couple of times to get my storage site to give you the letter from Mayor Cook to me but it does work...

Steve