Present - Mayor W. Cobb; Councillors S. Boehm, I. Bonnell, M. Brenner, S. Nelson, J. Ryll and C. Smith
Meeting called to order at 6pm
Mayor Cobb recognized that the Council meeting was taking place on traditional Shuswap territory
Meeting Agenda approved
Minutes of the January 15th, 2019 Council Meeting were adopted
1) Council received for information the accounts payable computer cheque and EFT listings dated January 10 and 17, 2019
2) Council approved registration, meals, travel, accommodations, council compensation and associated expenses for Councillor Nelson to attend the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) Annual Conference and Trade Show being held in Quebec City from May 30 to June 2, 2019
1) Council ratified an email poll authorizing submission of a grant application to the UBCM Child Care Plan Funding Program to support development of a Williams Lake Child Care Plan
2) Council received a rezoning application from Sprucelee Construction Ltd., on behalf of the Cariboo Friendship Society, to amend City of Williams Lake Zoning Bylaw No. 1825, 2002 by adding licenced daycare facility as a “Permitted Land Use” under Division 306.1, with a minimum parking/loading requirement of six (6) off-street parking spaces for property located at 254 1st Avenue North and gave 1st/2nd Readings to Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 2298 and directed a Public Hearing be held on the proposed rezoning application on February 26th, 2019 at 7pm in Council Chambers
Councillor C. Smith declared a conflict of interest on the next item and left Council Chambers
1) Council approved the extension of the Bus Shelter Maintenance and Advertising Agreement to C.C.R. Productions Ltd. (Tell-Tale Signs and Printing) through January 30, 2020
Councillor C. Smith returned to Council Chambers
Resolved - That Staff report back on the topic of downtown parking
2) Council provided early budget approval in the amount of $10,000 for a Safety Management System (SMS) and Quality Assurance (QA) Audit for the Williams Lake Airport and agreed to award the proposal for auditing services to Tetra Tech Canada Inc.
3) Council gave 1st, 2nd and 3rd Readings to Airport Fees Amendment Bylaw No. 2299
Committee of the Whole Recommendations:
1) Council endorsed 3 Recommendations from its' Committee of the Whole session held on January 22nd, 2019
a) That pursuant to Committee of Whole Council Report #01-2019 and the report of the Chief Financial Officer dated January 3, 2019, Council award $35,000 in Grant-in-Aid allotments for 2019 at Council's discretion to the applicants that met the selection criteria:
$6,500 to Social Planning Council of Williams Lake and Area
$8,500 to Williams Lake Cycling Club
$10,000 to Williams Lake Salvation Army
$5,000 to Williams Lake Stampeders
$5,000 to Williams Lake Youth Soccer Association
b) That pursuant to Committee of Whole Council Report #02-2019 and the report of the Engineering Technologist dated January 15, 2019, Council receive the updated Pavement Condition Assessment and Pavement Management System Report for information and direct staff to amend the 5 year capital plan with the recommended rehabilitation annual funding amount of $1.25 M per year for 2019-2027.
c) That pursuant to Committee of Whole Council Report #03-2019 and the report of the Manager of Utilities and Fleet dated January 15, 2019, Council authorize early budget approval, in the amount of $300,000, to replace unit 240.
1) Council received a letter from the BC Ministry of Education in respect of 2019 Premier's Awards for Excellence in Education and the community was encouraged to nominate noteworthy individuals from our community for the 2019 Premier's Awards for Excellence in Education by the March 31, 2019 deadline.
2) Council received for information the letter from BC Transit dated January 23, 2019 regarding the upcoming release of the custom transit services report for Williams Lake and area to inform decisions in development of the three-year Transit Improvement Plan
1) Council agreed to proclaim the following:
a) Feb 18-22, 2019 - "Chamber of Commerce Week"
b) Feb 18,24, 2019 - "Heritage Week"
Council Information Package:
Council received the "Council Information Package", as follows:
* January 18, 2019 - Cariboo Regional District Board Highlights.
Members of Council and the CAO reported out on their recent activities
2) Media Question Period - None
3) Girl Guides:
a) How often does Council meet and how long are their meetings?
b) How many topics does Council consider in a meeting?
c) What does Council consider in a typical meeting?
Council adjourned at 7:09pm