Thursday, January 30, 2020

BREAKING: Donna Barnett will not seek re-election in 2021

Earlier this evening -- Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett issued the following statement:

I want to thank my family, my friends, constituents, colleagues, and many volunteers who have supported me since I first ran to become a member of the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia.

Serving as the MLA for the Cariboo-Chilcotin has been both an honour and a privilege. I have enjoyed working with and for the wonderful constituents whom I serve.

We together have accomplished much, through many challenges, struggles and strife, but the resiliency of our people makes the Cariboo-Chilcotin a place we all call home.

I will not be running in the next Provincial Election, scheduled (but who knows?) for October 16, 2021.

I will continue to serve the constituents of the Cariboo-Chilcotin until the Provincial Election.

Remember, my door is always open.


I want to publicly recognize Donna and her very lengthy public service record of a Mayor, Cariboo RD Director and MLA for many, many years and the fact that she helps everyone, regardless of political persuasion and I defintely wish her well in her future endeavours...

I would imagine that we will see the BC Liberal Party 2021 election candidate for the provincial Cariboo-Chilcotin Electoral District determined by the end of this year...

SF

No comments: