Monday, January 27, 2014

Roop Parmar (nee Rathor) - 1976-2014

The Rathor Family lost their precious daughter, Roop Parmar (nee Rathor) this past weekend.  She leaves behind her husband Harminder and their 3 children and many other family/friends

WL City Councillor Surinderpal Rathor notified the community over his daughter's death on his Facebook page to which you can express your own condolences to his family here.  I too have expressed my personal condolences to him and his family

The funeral details are as follows (I have permission of Councillor Rathor to share this with my blog readers):

Sat Feb 1st at 5:30pm - Compassionate Care Church - Public Viewing

Sunday Feb 2nd at 10:30am - 5 Rivers Crematorium Facility on 3rd Avenue (at Williams Lake Municipal Cemetery) with the actual cremation event to occur at 11am and finally it will wrap up at the Guru Nanak Sikh Temple on Mackenzie Avenue at 12 noon with a lunch to follow.

Finally - I wish to report to my readers'  that Councillor Rathor's home was the subject of an arson attack this past early Saturday morning.  Councillor Rathor and his wife are ok.  Many I talk to in the community about this incident (both in Williams Lake/Cariboo RD Area D) are appalled at this news.

The RCMP are currently investigating and should anyone have any information that can assist the RCMP in this investigation, I strongly encourage you to provide that information to the RCMP at 250-392-6211 or provide your tip anonymously to CrimeStoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS)

No comments: