Wednesday, March 8, 2017

International Women's Day 2017

Today is International Women's Day - a day that whose history dates back to the early 1900's is a day celebrated to advance the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women and to advance the cause of gender parity

This year's theme is Be Bold for Change

Click here for more on International Women's Day 2017

More closer to home -- much of what I do personally, either as a Cariboo Regional District Electoral Area Director or as Chair of the Sacred Heart School Council (governing body) can't happen without the assistance of women and I often appreciate their wisdom and grace as a man doing his job and often make me a better individual

Whether that's mostly the Cariboo Regional District Staff, my school principal, my own Alternate Director for my Area or my own colleagues (Joan Sorley/Margo Wagner/Betty Anderson)

Men -- learn to appreciate the women in your life, whether at home or at work and understand their issues and assist them when they need it.  After all, if it's an issue for them, it should be an issue for ALL of us

~SF

No comments: