Thursday, October 17, 2019

Federal MP Candidate Session in Wiliams Lake

From top left to bottom right: Todd Doherty, Mackenzie Kerr
Heather Sapergia and Tracy Calogheros  
Last night - the Williams Lake & District Chamber of Commerce held an informal meet and greet with the candidates running for the federal electoral district of Cariboo-Prince George

In attendance was incumbent Todd Doherty running under the Conservative banner along with the NDP's Heather Sapergia, People’s Party of Canada Jing Lan Yang, Liberal Tracy Calogheros and Green Party Mackenzie Kerr. During the 1 hour I visited with the candidates from 5-6pm -- independent candidate Micheal Orr was not there

In my conversations with Mr. Doherty, Ms. Sapergia, Ms. Calogheros and Ms. Kerr - I asked them on their position in relation to support for water/sewer infrastructure, especially in the rural regional district context, given federal programs recognize municipalities and their infrastructure needs but doesn't necessarily work in the unincorporated areas outside municipalities, given how few people live in our rural communities like Lone Butte, Horsefly, Likely, Alexis Creek , Tatla Lake, Wildwood, McLeese Lake, Kersley, etc -- all the candidates understood the challenge.... and I appreciated the fact that they understood the challenge given regional districts' operate differently than municipalities...

I understand the candidates were given a brief opportunity to verbally address those in attendance.  Other than myself, the only other local elected official in attendance between 5-6pm was Williams Lake Mayor Walt Cobb

I have now made up my mind and will vote on Monday, just like the rest of those in Cariboo-Prince George that haven't voted yet...

My deepest appreciation to the candidates I talked with and I wish you all the very best in Monday's election...

SF


No comments: