Monday, June 20, 2022

Forseth to seek 3rd Term as Cariboo RD Area "D" Director

Last Thursday - I talked with the Williams Lake Tribune about my re-election plans as the Cariboo Regional District Area "D" Director.  Here is what I shared with the constituents (voters') of Electoral Area "D" (Commodore Heights - McLeese Lake) of the Cariboo Regional District, last week:

"Earlier today - I visited the Williams Lake Tribune and officially confirmed my intention to seek a 3rd term as the Cariboo Regional District's Electoral Area 'D' Director (Commodore Heights - McLeese Lake). Many of the Area 'D' residents' I've talked with in the last few months, whether in Pine Valley, Wildwood, Soda Creek Valley or up through McLeese Lake, have encouraged me to run again for a 3rd term and should it be their collective will on Saturday, October 15th - I will be honoured to serve them as their Area Director for the forthcoming 2022-26 term. I have a number of Area D projects that I would like to see to fruition in the 2022-2026 term including acquiring the old Wildwood school from the Province of BC for the community's benefit as well as a new Fire Hall at McLeese Lake 1 Project that I'm pleased that came to fruition in this term was the new Tyee Lake Community/Fire Hall building completed in 2019 and they won't have to pay any property taxes on that building as long as it's used for that purpose It truly has been an honour/pleasure to serve the residents' of Electoral Area 'D' as their Area Director for the 2018-2022 term and I hope that I will be in a position to continue serving them as I consider many Area D residents' to be close friends as well...."

The formal nomination period for all local government elected offices (Mayor, Councillor, Electoral Area Director and School Trustee) will commence on Tuesday, August 30th, 2022 and conclude on Friday, September 9th, 2022 at 4pm sharp!.  It is anticipated that all local governments or Boards' of Education in the Cariboo-Chilcotin Region will have nomination packages available for potential candidates for Mayors, Councillors', Electoral Area Directors' and School Trustees' between either late July to early August 2022.... 

~SF

No comments: