Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Blog & Mayor Cook

This afternoon, I had a terse 15-minute meeting with Mayor Cook regarding my blog and specifically certain blog entries with respect to her. I have agreed to amend the ones that she found offensive and I've conducted a review of all blog entries that had to do with her since December of 2008 until today and have amended any blog entry that could be perceived as offensive.

Although I would love to share what she and I talked about, I believe that it would be inappropriate at this time. I will confirm that I will be very cautious when commenting on information about Mayor Cook that I've acquired 2nd or 3rd hand.

However, I will continue to be critical about Mayor Cook or any Williams Lake City Councillor when either I have personally witnessed any act of hers or the City Councillors' or if it was published in the media (and I always quote my media sources) and will provide comment on what I would do, in Mayor Cook's shoes or that of any of the City Councillors'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually Steve they are not "her" councillors..they are the city's councillors elected independantly of the Mayor, so by stating it in this form you are again being derrogatory towards the Mayor.

Also, just to be completetly open and transparent, why dont you just come out and say that you support specific members of city government and have a dislike for others? Its fairly evident in your writing.

Steve Forseth said...

Thanks...

A couple of things:

1)In your first paragraph, you are correct and I have amended the blog post to reflect your concerns

2) In your second paragraph, I will state that I think that Councillors Rathor, Barr, Bourdon and Zacharias have done a good job and I think they deserve re-election. On the other hand, it is, in my humble judgement, that Councillors Montoya, Walters and Mayor Cook have done a poor job and I have cited various reasons why this is the case and I will continue to do so. I appreciate the supporters of Mayor Cook and Councillor Walters & Montoya think and believe that my blog posts, as it pertains to them, are personal and bemeaning towards them. Of course, that is their right to believe such things. But at the end of the day, I will continue to critize members of WL City Council where I think it is warranted and provide my comments on what I would do in their shoes