Good evening from Kamloops...
No changes since yesterday from either the Cariboo Regional District/City of Williams Lake. View the full list of current evacuation alerts/order here
The Evacuation Order for the District of 100 Mile House remains in place while there are no active Emergency Operation Centres' in Quesnel/Wells in relation to wildfires
Up-to-date information of the Wildfires of Note in the Cariboo Fire Centre can be viewed here
Also - friendly reminder to continue to rely ONLY on official sources for Evacuation Alerts or Orders from your local government or through the local media - Tribune (click here) or Vista Radio (click here)
Media Technical Briefing Notes yesterday:
* The CRD reduced the size of an Evacuation Order for some properties west of the Fraser River, to allow ranchers easier access to their properties.
* Chair Richmond noted that re-entry in the South Cariboo was more favourable than other areas, at this time.
* Officials have now completed inventory of structures lost specifically in the South Cariboo, Spokin Lake and Miocene areas. Chair Richmond is calling home owners from what he calls a "long list", but the challenge is finding and tracking down evacuees if they haven't registered with ESS, as there is no comprehensive list of cellular numbers available to him, only home telephone numbers.
1) SPCA Assistance available for those who want their animals checked on their properties - Details here
2) Update on CRD Structure Loss - view here
3) Feedback received on CRD Emergency Notification Service - view here
1) If you reside in the City of Williams Lake -- click here or call 250-392-2364 or 250-392-2365
2) If you reside in the Electoral (Rural) Areas of the Cariboo Regional District - click here or call the CRD EOC Public Information Line at 250-398-5117
Other useful links:
1) DriveBC -- click here
2) BC Hydro - click here
I will continue to post on Facebook (click here) and here as further information develops
If you feel a need to reach out on the Cariboo-Chilcotin wildfire situation, my number is 250-267-6725 or reach out to me on Facebook (click here)