Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has issued an expanded evacuation order for the Kluskus, Blackwater and Clisbako area which is about 100 kilometres west of Quesnel. This is an expansion of the order issued for the Clisbako area on July 29, 2017.
Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action.
View a map to see the affected areas here: http://bit.ly/2tOPyiJ
The evacuation route is along the 4000 Road to the Nazko Road into Quesnel.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Register at the ESS Reception Centre in Quesnel at 500 North Star Road.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and Keys) only if they are immediately available. Take
- pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY.
Further information will be issued as it becomes available via the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page (@CRDEmergencyOperations) and the CRD websitewww.cariboord.ca. For more information contact the CRD’s public phone line at 1-866-759-4577.