Monday, September 13, 2010

Miscommunication on Mackenzie Avenue Project continues

The City has been installing these manhole covers along Mackenzie Avenue this past week however if a driver approaching saw one, I wouldn't blame drivers for trying to avoid it.

Which is why I'm disappointed that the City didn't put out a press release on updating the public on the Mackenzie Avenue Project and warning that drivers' might see these and that they shouldn't be a hazard to their vehicle.  In fact, the last time I recieved a press release from the City on the Mackenzie Avenue Rehab Project was September 3rd and this from Mayor and Council who said there would be weekly updates

I wonder what the City's excuse is this time - there's no fires, floods or other emergencies....?  If the City doesn't want to be consistent with its' updates due to Staffing issues or otherwise, say so - I believe they'll find the public to be forgiving, if they (City of WL) are upfront with them

No comments: