Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Parking Violation Fines going up....?

At Tuesday's Committee of the Whole meeting and I apologize that I didn't include this in my regular Committee of the Whole meeting highlight but I wasn't in the room when discussion concluded on this item

City of WL Staff are proposing that the usual parking violation fines increase from $20 to $75, given it is cost prohibitive to pursue outstanding $20 tickets rather than $75 ones.  There will be incentives for people to pay out their parking fines if they pay in a short period (ie - reduction from $75 to $25 if you pay within 48-72 hours).  Again - I don't know what Council did with this item but I wanted to bring it forward for the community's attention as media rarely attend Committee of the Whole meetings'

No comments: