Thursday, November 8, 2012

1912 Renner Rd application should die

Yesterday, WL City Councillor SPS Rathor and myself attended a property nearby 1912 Renner Rd so Councillor Rathor could hear the concerns of one resident

After this resident explained their concerns to both Rathor and myself -- I'm convinced that the application from Richard Crowell for a 6 unit townhouse at 1912 Renner Road is a very poor fit for the neighbourhood and WL City Council should just kill the application at 2nd Reading and ask Crowell to re-apply.

In my view, the only thing that should go into that neighbourhood is a Single Family home, as contemplated by the current City of Williams Lake Official Community Plan and that home should fit within the overall character of this neighbourhood as the resident I visited with yesterday likes the "country living" that is the character and heritage of the neighbourhood

You can read the last City of WL Staff report on this subject here

SBF

No comments: