Wednesday, September 4, 2013

New Williams Lake Fire Chief

Courtesy of the City of Williams Lake:

Former Williams Lake Fire Department Fire Inspector and Deputy Fire Chief Des Webster assumed his new role as Director of Protective Services and Fire Chief this week, following the retirement of Randy Isfeld.

Webster joined the Williams Lake Fire Department (WLFD) in 1994 as a paid on call fire fighter, and started full time as Fire Inspector with the rank of Captain. He was promoted to Assistant Chief in 2006 and to Deputy Chief in 2008. He was hired as the Director of Protective Services this summer.

“Most people strive to retire at the pinnacle of their career, I am no different,” Webster says. “However, to be able to fulfill that aspiration within my home department, where I have spent my whole career, is an added bonus.”

Isfeld joined the WLFD in 1976, and was a volunteer firefighter for 10 years before joining the department full-time. He has been Fire Chief since 2008.

“I’ve had a tremendous career with the fire department,” Isfeld says. “The members and the staff are like family, and I will miss working with them every day.”

“I know I speak for Council and the whole city when I say a heartfelt thank you to Randy for his years of dedicated service to the people of Williams Lake,” says Williams Lake Mayor Kerry Cook. “His resiliency, leadership, and commitment to excellence have been extraordinary.

“We are very proud to have Des Webster as our new Director of Protective Services. The safety of city residents has always been his number one priority, and I know he will continue the long and proud tradition of our devoted fire chiefs.”

No comments: