Saturday, April 7, is general voting day for the Cariboo Regional District’s Area E by-election. Candidates Angie Delainey and Melynda Neufeld are running for Electoral Area E Director. Area E residents are encouraged to get out and vote at a polling station near them.
Advance polls took place on March 28 and April 3, 2018. Fifty-five voters took advantage of the advance voting opportunities.
On April 7, polling stations will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the following locations:
- Cariboo Regional District (Suite D, 180 North 3rd Ave, Williams Lake)
- Chilcotin Road School (709 Lyne Road, Williams Lake)
- Dog Creek School (753 Dog Creek Road, Dog Creek)
- Mountview School (1222 Dog Creek Road, Williams Lake)
There is no need to pre-register to vote, as the registration of all electors for this by-election will take place at the time of voting.
- Resident electors should bring 2 pieces of identification (at least one with a signature). Picture identification is not necessary. The identification must prove both residency and identity.
- Non-resident property electors should bring 2 pieces of identification (at least one with a signature) to prove identity and proof that they are entitled to register in relation to the property. If there is more than one owner of the property, you must bring written consent from the majority of the property owners. The form required is available on the CRD website.
If you are unsure if your property falls within Electoral Area E, use the interactive map on the CRD website to search your address.
Find election information at cariboord.ca/government/elections. Contact the CRD for more information at 250-392-3351 or 1-800-665-1636.
Preliminary election results will be posted Saturday evening on the CRD website and Facebook page. Official election results will be announced Tuesday, April 10.