The Cariboo Regional District has declared a State of Local Emergency forElectoral Area I. Effective immediately, the Cariboo Regional District has also issued an evacuation order for some areas in the Nazko Valley due to immediate danger from flooding.
The order area includes 46 house points. Members of the RCMP or other groups will be going door to door with the evacuation order. View a map of the affected areas here:bit.ly/2JDgFo6
The Evacuation Route is: South via Nazko Road to Quesnel. The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (MOTI) has confirmed the Nazko bridge is passable and open to single lane traffic.
Please register with Emergency Support Services (ESS) at the reception centre in the Quesnel Recreation Centre at 500 North Star Road, which will be open until 8:00 p.m. tonight.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles then you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
- Register with Emergency Support Services (ESS).
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca. For more information contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977 (8:00 a.m. – 6 p.m.).
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders:https://member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup