Saturday, February 15, 2014

1st Year as Cariboo RD Area D Alternate Director

One year ago today (Feb 15th, 2013 - Feb 15th, 2014), Cariboo RD Area D Director Deb Bischoff appointed me as her Alternate Director.  Read the blog post on that here

During that time, I have been asked to attend, in an official capacity, a number of CCRHD/Cariboo RD Board meetings and Central Cariboo Joint Committee meetings.  In addition, I attended the "Community to Community" forum at Sugarcane last month on behalf of Area D and also attended my first Central Cariboo Rural Directors' Caucus last month on behalf of Area D.  I want to say how much I've enjoyed being at these meetings on behalf of Director Bischoff and the residents' in Electoral Area D

During my first year as Area D Alternate Director - I was provided with much assistance & mentoring from CRD Directors like Ted Armstrong, Joan Sorley, Al Richmond and Bruce Rattray & help from our Staff.  Special thanks to CRD Administrator Janis Bell and her entire Staff in Williams Lake for answering the oodles of questions I had for her in the last year when at the Board table as Area D Alternate Director

I think I speak for many when I say how blessed we all are with the Staff/Managers that work for the Cariboo Regional District - from Quesnel to Williams Lake to 100 Mile House and all points in between

A big thank you to Deb Bischoff to entrusting the role of Alternate Director for Electoral Area D to myself.  It was never misplaced...

Finally - I have tried my hardest to do the best job I could for all residents of Electoral Area D and will continue to do so. so long as I remain the CRD Area D Alternate Director

~SF


No comments: