Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Brenner makes Nine!

In the race for the 6 Williams Lake City Councillors' seats -- Local resident Marnie Brenner filed her nomination papers today as did publicly declared Councillor candidate Wayne Lucier

According to Ms. Brenner's documents - she is a Interior Health worker & works also at TRU.  While she hasn't announced with the local media yet - I expect that to come in the next few days ahead.  View Ms. Brenner's nomination papers here.  On her Facebook page, she stated:


It is official, I am announcing my intention to seek a seat on the Williams Lake City Council.
I have lived here in Williams Lake since 2000 and worked as an RN in various positions including as the Diabetes Nurse Educator.
We have raised a family here and have found Williams Lake to be an awesome place to live. I would like to work with the new city council to continue to make Williams Lake a desirable place to live.
Besides being a nurse I have owned and operated a small business that continues to grow after 9yrs.
What I am bringing to the table is a commitment to be invested, to be approachable, willing to listen and help you navigate the system to get the desired results that will benefit all of us.
I look forward to working with the people of Williams Lake and will do my best to serve the community- Come talk to me!!

If you wish to see the nomination papers of those who have filed with the City of Williams Lake's Chief Election Officer - go here

Meanwhile - I filed my Cariboo RD Area 'D' Director nomination papers this morning with the CRD's Chief Election Officer

Only incumbent Williams Lake City Councillor Sue Zacharias and former Williams Lake Mayor Scott Nelson have yet to publicly declare their election plans in addition to any others planning a WL City Councillor or Mayor bid.  While I have no doubt Councillor Zacharias will seek re-election, I still do not know if Mr. Nelson will run for Mayor or Councillor, but Oct 10th at 4pm for Scott Nelson will come quickly so he'll need to make a decision fairly quickly....

~SF



No comments: