Present from CRD -- Co-Chair S. Forseth (Meeting Chair) and Director A. Delainey
Present from City of WL -- Co-Chair W. Cobb and Councillors I. Bonnell, S. Nelson, J. Ryll and C. Smith
Meeting called to order at 5:30pm
The Chair acknowledged the Committee meeting was being held on traditional Northern Secwepemc (Shuswap) territory and reminded members to put their cell phone on vibrate mode or turn it off
Meeting Agenda adopted
Minutes of the CC Joint Committee Meeting held on April 24th, 2019 were received/adopted
1) Esler Recreation Advisory Commission - 2019 Spring Meeting Minutes and Recommendations
A report from the CRD Manager of Community Services was presented to the Committee
Discussion ensued thereon
Resolved - That it be recommended to the Regional Board:
That the agenda item summary from Darron Campbell, Manager of Community Services, dated May 16, 2019, and attached minutes from the Esler Recreation Advisory Commission meeting held May 14, 2019, be received. Further, that the following recommendations from the Commission be considered for endorsement:
* That the proposed 2019 capital projects for Williams Lake Slo-Pitch League and Williams Lake Soccer Associations be approved, including: the Slo-Pitch League improvement of infields and updates to signage, and the Williams Lake Soccer Associations top-dressing fields, replacement of deck stairs and improved water system for the clubhouse. And further, that $7,500 to each group for approved capital projects be provided as allocated in the Central Cariboo Recreation and Leisure Services (CCRLS) 2019 budget.
* That $10,000 be allocated in the community projects envelope of the Central Cariboo Recreation and Leisure Services budget for a co-operative field top-dressing project to encourage more effective water use through improvement of the fields’ water retention.
* That the Esler Recreation Advisory Commission members for 2019 be appointed as follows: Linda Barbondy for the WL Slo-Pitch League, Brian Hansen for the WL Soccer Associations, Nick Surette for WL Minor Fastball, and Bruce Newbery and Pierre Mayette for the Esler Community Association.
2) The Committee held a general discussion on the following topics and no resolutions resulted from the discussions:
a) All Nations Pow-Wow/2020 Williams Lake Stampede (Director Delainey)
b) Boat Launches on Williams Lake (Director Delainey)
c) Joint Committee Terms of Reference/Meeting Logistics (Committee Co-Chair S.Forseth)
3) Action Page
The Committee reviewed its' Action Page and agreed to delete Item #5
The Committee adjourned at 6:04pm