Thursday, October 13, 2011

BREAKING NEWS - Mike Bouchard makes ten

The City of Williams Lake reports that Mike Bouchard - a local teacher and businessman will be the tenth candidate for Williams Lake City Council.  I imagine his statement for running will be in the media in the next few days...

The other candidates:

1) Laurie Walters
2) Surinderpal Rathor
3) Steve Forseth
4) Ivan Bonnell
5) Geoff Bourdon
6) Sue Zacharias
7) Mike Jacobsen
8) Paul Kondola
9) Richard Vollo

This, in my view, constitutes the full list of City Councillor Candidates to be put before the local voters' on November 9th, 16th, and 19th, given the formal nomination period expires tomorrow (Friday) at 4pm.  I don't reasonably expect to see any of these 10 candidates to withdraw between Oct 14th - 21st before the list is formally established at 4pm on Friday, October 21st


As for Mayor - the list still stands at 3 in Kerry Cook, Scott Nelson and Walt Cobb.  Again - I don't reasonably expect that this list of 3 candidates for WL Mayor (2011-2014 Term) will change between now and Friday at 4pm



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come your name isn't on the City Web site?

Anonymous said...

They probably already realized he didnt have a shot and omitted it.

Steve Forseth said...

Thanks for your comments:

Anonymous #1 - I was directed to refile my nomination document as one of my nominators was not on the City's official voters' list - see here for the full list, updated as of 6:00pm Thursday - http://www.williamslake.ca/index.asp?p=1990

Anonymous #2 - When you say "They" - I hope you are not referring to City Staff. City Staff do not do anything other than filing the nomination documents that meets all of the local/provincial election laws. My nomination documents "did not" meet all of the requirements so I had to go back and correct them and today (Thurs Oct 13th) I was told that they met the all of the requirements and hence, my nomination document is now on the City's website (see above for exact location on City's website)

Steve