Sunday, August 27, 2017

2017 Tyee Lake AGM/BBQ

Yesterday - I had the honour to attend my 2nd Tyee Lake Community Association AGM/BBQ

I presented my annual report the community including continue to pursue, vigorously, the removal of Building Inspection for the part of Area D from north of Wildwood to the Area D northern boundary at Marguerite.  I have a meeting with BC's Minister of Muncipal Affairs at the 2017 Union of BC Municipalities'' Convention, being held in Vancouver from September 25-29 to further discuss this issue

I also informed the community that I would be approving this fall a $10,000 Grant for Assistance for the capital needs of the Tyee Lake Fire Department.  If all goes well, the grant will be paid out in early 2018

The community expressed its' thanks for my performance, as the CRD Area 'D' Director, during the 2017 Wildfires

Following my report, Cariboo-North MLA Coralee Oakes presented her report which included express her gratitude to the Tyee Lake Fire Department for doing such a great job with the Forest Lake fire until the BC Wildfire Service could come and action the fire.  She also noted that she and her colleague, Cariboo-Chilcotin MLA Donna Barnett would extremely vigorously fight for the needs of volunteer fire departments and the needs of the Region as they both return to Victoria for the fall sitting of the BC Legislature.  The community of Tyee Lake expressed its' appreciation for her report and her efforts as the local MLA on their behalf

A lovely lunch was prepared as both MLA Oakes/I chatted with community members.  During the 50/50 draw of $175 -- my name was drawn and I announced on the spot that the money would be "re-gifted" back to the Tyee Lake Community Association.

I look forward to the 2018 Tyee Lake Community Association AGM/BBQ!

~SF

No comments: