The Cariboo Regional District (CRD) is urging residents under evacuation alert to plan for evacuation. Many areas within the CRD remain under evacuation alert. Alerts could expand or become evacuation orders at any time due to changing fire conditions.
Residents should immediately prepare for potential evacuations and consider the following in their preparations.
It is important to immediately prepare and not be complacent, as weather can quickly change fire conditions.
1. Register for emergency notifications at cariboord.ca. If you do not have access to a computer, get someone to register on your behalf so you may be notified by phone, email or text.
2. Gather personal items.
Have a bag with personal items ready, including:
- Emergency plan including contact information for family/friends
- Clothing for all types of weather, for multiple days, for every family member
- Medications and eyeglasses
- Copies of important documents (identification, insurance and bank information)
- Personal hygiene items and toiletries
- Two litres of water per person per day
- Sleeping items such as sleeping bags and pillows
- Extra keys for your home and vehicles
- First aid kit
- Charger for your mobile phone
- Personal mementos and photos
- Have a plan in case you are not allowed to return to your home due to an evacuation order
- Arrange access, equipment and knowledge to assist with an immediate evacuation
- For pets, all food, medications, leashes and kennels are ready
- Ensuring livestock is in a safe area
- Ensure this plan is in place and verified daily with those involved
- Recreation trailer is ready to connect and go, including propane, fuel for generator, and water
- Recreational vehicles and any other high-value items are ready to transport or are moved now to an alternate location
6. Find available accommodation options along both north and south evacuation routes.
7. Collect contact information and plans for employees and your business.
- Financial and insurance information for all employees
- Taxation and general insurance information
Find Cariboo Regional District information at:
Call the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977.